If you look at any of your problem areas in your life, you’ll probably find they are rooted in faulty and limited beliefs, imbedded deeply in our subconscious mind. Because they are in the subconscious mind, often you are not aware that they are the source of your thoughts and actions.
These negative and dis-empowering beliefs, are the reason our life does not work as well as we would like it to; they are the barriers and blockages that stop us from reaching our full potential.
I believe these are the source of our self-sabotage, and through daily affirmations and declarations we are able to imprint in our mind a new way of thinking, new beliefs that are empowering, boost self-esteem and develop self-confidence.
We are re-programming our subconscious mind through daily repetitions of these affirmations, and remember that every new belief needs time and attention to flourish.
You can’t do these affirmations for a few days and expect to get long-term results… you will have to imprint them daily; repeating and contemplating on each one for at least 5 minutes, for a period of one month or two. Anything less will not succeed.
Affirmations can be used for immediate, short-term results as well, when you want to influence and redirect the thoughts that occur in your conscious mind.
For example, in a situation where you are feeling stressed, tense or upset, you can repeat an affirmation such as, “I feel calm and relaxed. I feel calm and relaxed. I feel calm and relaxed” for a couple of minutes.
Since your conscious mind can only think one thought at a time, you are able to “fill” your mind with thoughts that support you or your goals. You can repeat these anywhere, whilst driving, loud or silently.
One thing to remember is that you don’t necessarily have to believe your affirmations; all you have to do is repeat them.
I have put together 27 of the most powerful affirmations and declarations that I have come across, specifically to boost self-esteem and develop self-confidence.
You can choose to start with the ones that fit you best, and rotate them daily or weekly, whatever is appropriate for you.
Daily affirmations and declarations:
- I am unique. I feel good about being alive and being me.
- Life is fun and rewarding.
- Amazing opportunities exist for me in every aspect of my life.
- There are no such things as problems, only opportunities.
- I love challenges, they bring out the best in me.
- I replace “I must”, “I should” and “I have to” with “I choose”. (try it with something you think you have to do, and replace must with choose… notice the difference?)
- I choose to be happy right now. I love my life.
- I appreciate everything I have. I live in joy.
- I am courageous. I am willing to act in spite of any fear.
- I am positive and optimistic. I believe things will always work out for the best.
- It’s easy to make friends. I attract positive and kind people into my life.
- It’s easy to meet people. I create positive and supportive relationships.
- I am a powerful creator. I create the life I want.
- I am OK as I am. I accept and love myself.
- I am confident. I trust myself.
- I am successful right now.
- I am passionate. I am outrageously enthusiastic and inspire others.
- I am calm and peaceful.
- I have unlimited power at my disposal.
- I am optimistic. I believe things will always work out for the best.
- I am kind and loving. I am compassionate and truly care for others.
- I am focused and persistent. I will never quit.
- I am energetic and enthusiastic. Confidence is my second nature.
- I treat everyone with kindness and respect.
- I inhale confidence and exhale fear.
- I am flexible. I adapt to change quickly.
- I have integrity. I am totally reliable. I do what I say.